Sunday, March 18, 2012

Post St. Patrick's Day

So I desperately needed a haircut, and after going to the mall last time, I decided it was time to find a decent barber in town. I went to two local shops and despite the fact that their signs said they were open until 3 pm (it was about 1:30) BOTH were closed. I guess trading hours don't mean much in Keizer barbershops. So the third place I went to looked super sketchy. The shop was decorated with all sorts of Americana from another era, there was free water and beer (neither of which I accepted), and the barber's mother came to visit at one point. The barber was a great guy, but not such a great barber. The search continues.

Anyway,

I went to a dive bar last night to see a couple of local bands play. A woman sat next to me, and through brief conversation I found out she grew up in Brentwood. Then, the singer of the second band announced that he was from Jersey. A small world indeed.

The bands were decent, but the crowd was lame. Mostly old Irish guys celebrating the holiday who had no idea bands were playing. But there were definitely enough characters to keep the night interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment