Sunday, January 15, 2012

Post Script

ALSO I forgot to mention I've met some really great people out here, thanks to Sarah Khan. She introduced me to her friends from Portland and I was able to participate in the filming of their video as well as be a part of a really intense card game. Then, on Sunday we went hiking at Angel's Rest on the Oregon/Washington border, and it looked something like this:



Afterwards I went to my first Portland microbrewery, where I had Eight Malty Nights, by far the maltiest beer I have ever had. 'Twas delicious. Although it may have replaced some of the calories I burned on the hike.
Anyway it's nice to know some good people out here.

2 comments:

  1. Totally just read all your blogs posts, and CONGRATULATIONS! So happy to hear you're finally teaching :) I'm in my second year in Norwalk, and I agree- use your support network! Last year I struggled through first grade without supports, and it was the most stressful time of my life. This year I'm teaching Kindergarten at a new school, and the Kindy team is amazing. Lessons and materials are given to me freely, and I spend a lot less time planning and a lot more honing my craft. Enjoy it, make friends, and share ideas! Good teachers aren't a judgmental bunch, they just want to get together and share. So let 'em. Now, go hike the seven sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The district has been extremely welcoming and everyone keeps offering help for whatever I need. The hard part is figuring out exactly what I need :-) Glad to hear things have settled down a bit on your end. I'll be back on the East Coast for a few weeks in the summer, maybe we can have some sort of reunion at some point?

    ReplyDelete