Friday, December 30, 2011

Stormy Weather

Things are taking longer to develop than I thought. After four full days of working on finding an apartment, a car, and acquiring basic home necessities, I've made a lot of progress but still don't have a vehicle or a place to live.

In addition, it seems like I'm going to take the reins of my classes from the get go. I'm excited to start the job, but I'm concerned about how effective I'll be as a teacher while I'm still trying to settle in and navigate the three (!) schools I'll be teaching at. I'm learning that there are a lot of things about music programs in Oregon that are unique, and so I'm expecting to feel like a fish out of water for a while.

It sounds like I'm complaining but I'm really glad to be out here and to have the opportunity to develop my own strings program. I like the town I'll be working and living in and there's a lot to like about Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment